Address: 7th Mile Stone, Fatehabad Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Description: Wyndham Grand is a luxury hotel in Agra, located in the middle of an 18 acre estate.
Wyndham Grand is the new name of Orient Taj Hotels. It belongs to the category of luxury hotels in Agra. The hotel sits in the middle of a vast estate covering 18 acres of land. The design of the building is inspired by the Mughal architecture with picturesque terraced lawns and fountains from the bygone era. The interior of the hotel will take you back in time of opulence and grandeur. However, to retain its old world charm, the hotel hasnít dispensed with modernity. Rather, ethnicity and modernity are coexisting here in harmony. The lodging facility offers all the modern amenities like telephones and Internet connections which are essential for todayís guests. If you are looking forward to a royal experience in the city of Taj Mahal, then Wyndham Grand makes the aptest choice. It allows you to soak in the lap of luxury with its lavish interiors and serene surrounding.
Lodging and services
The hotel is situated in an imposing looking structure with 160 rooms, including suites. Apart from that, the hotel also houses the largest swimming pool in Agra, luxury spa, multiple dining destinations and an expansive lawn. A view of the Taj Mahal can be cherished from the rooftop of the hotel.
The services and amenities offered by the hotel are of international standard. Some of them are listed below:
- Spa with Jacuzzi and sauna
- Fitness center
- Children playground with slides and swings
- Lobbies and lounges
- DVDs on rent
- Conference and banquet halls
- Lawns to organize weddings and banquets
- Concierge and luggage storing facilities
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Perfectly manicured Mughal garden
- Submerged bar by the poolside
- Special swimming pool for children
- Room for specially abled persons
- Multipurpose room
- Internet connectivity with data ports
The 160 rooms of the hotel include both suites and presidential suites with floor areas ranging from 340 sq feet to 4000 sq feet. The rooms come with specially designed bed-side control panel that allows the guests to manage various functions in the room. All the rooms are tastefully decorated with plush upholsteries, paintings and drapes. Some of the features of the rooms are listed below:
- Both smoking and non-smoking rooms
- Music system and DVD player
- LCD televisions with remote control
- In-house movie and cable channels
- Cordless telephones
- Direct dialing ISD calls
- Both wired and wireless broadband services
- Tea and coffee makers
- Well-stocked mini bar
- Round-the-clock room services
- FM/AM radio channels
- Hair dryers
- Safe deposit lockers
- Iron and ironing board
- Bathtub, shower and modern fittings in the bathroom
- Sofa and rolling bed
- Self controlling heating system
- Voicemail services
- Newspaper deliveries in rooms
- Work desks with lamps
Wyndham Grand offers a world-class dining experience to its guests. The hotel has multiple restaurants which are listed below:
Pakhtoon: The restaurant has specialized in offering Mughal delicacies. Taste authentic Mughal dishes cooked in specially made clay ovens. You can also observe the cooking procedure as your meal is getting prepared in the kitchen.
Falaknuma: Taste the best bar-be-ques prepared from fresh meats and ingredients - T-bone, lamb chops, fishes and vegetables.
Orient Cafť: Itís an all-day-dining restaurant and offers a variety of snacks, refreshing drinks, pastries, exotic tea and freshly brewed coffee. The cafť remains open for 24 hours a day.
Mahro Gaon: Itís a specialty restaurant that serves Rajasthani cuisine. The interior of the restaurant is aptly decorated to create a Rajasthani village feel. Folk dance and puppet shows are organized for entertainment.
Zarokha the Bar: An aquamarine bar that is known for offering breathtaking views of the Mughal gardens and exotic collection of cocktails and wines.
Zaika: It offers both buffet and a la carte menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012