Located 107 km from Jaipur and 200 km from Delhi, the Sariska wildlife sanctuary is in a wooded valley surrounded by barren mountains. It covers 800 sq km (including a core area of 498 sq km) and has sambars, spotted deer, wild boars and, above all, tigers. Project Tiger has been in charge of the sanctuary since 1979.
This park also contains ruined temples, as well as the Kanakwari fort and pavilions built by the Maharajas of Alwar. The sanctuary can be visited year-round, although during July and August your chances of spotting wildlife are reduced, due to the monsoon rains and dense vegetation. The best time to visit Sariska is between November and June. You'll see most wildlife in the evening, although tiger sightings are becoming more common during the day.
Apart from tigers, leopards, jungle cats, hyenas and jackals, many species of deer including black buck and nilgai can be seen. Smaller animals include mongoose and porcupines. Various birds including partridges, quail and grouse, owls, woodpeckers, kingfishers and eagles can be seen. Water birds can be seen in Siliserh Lake, which runs along one edge of the reserve. Majestic peacocks can be seen all over the Sariska National Park.
The ruins of Kankwari Fort and other Rajput buildings within the park, are used as roosting perches by peacocks and other birds, and also as temporary resting places by the regal tigers of Sariska.
|Tour Itineraries for Sariska|
|Tourist Places around Agra:||Travel to Bharatpur
Travel to Gwalior
Travel to Karauli
Travel to Mathura
|Travel to Orchha
Travel to Sariska
Travel to Vrindavan
Travel to Chambal
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012