Agra is located about 200 km south of New Delhi the capital of India. Agra's location on the west bank of the river Yamuna, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, in northern India makes it easily accessible from Delhi and a convenient point from which to make tour excursions to nearby historic, cultural and wildlife destinations.
Some of the Destinations Nearby that you will Enjoy Visiting are:
Travel to Bharatpur: The Koladeo Ghana National Park also known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is a bird lover's paradise. A World Heritage Site, it is home to thousands of migratory birds, that fly south from Russia and Central Asia in the winter.
Gwalior: The city of Gwalior, the seat of the erstwhile Scindia rulers, is known for its mighty fort and is located at a distance of around 118 km from Agra.
Travel to Karauli: Karauli is a heritage destination in Rajasthan known for its palaces and temples. Enjoy seeing the City Palace, Bhanwar Vilas Palace and renowned temples when you travel to Karauli.
Travel to Mathura: Mathura (or Brajbhoomi) is famous as the birthplace of Lord Krishna, an important Hindu deity. It is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus and one of the seven sacred cities in India. The main pilgrim center in Mathura is the Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi temple. Mathura is also an important craft center. Mathura is located at a distance of around 58km from Agra.
Travel to Orcha: This medieval capital of the kingdom of Bundelkhand is situated along the river Betwa. It is known for its palaces and temples including the Jehangir Mahal, Raj Mahal, Ram Raja Temple and Chaturbhuj Temple.
Travel to Sariska: Situated in Rajasthan in the backdrop of the Aravalli Hills, Sariska National Park has a significant tiger population and other flora and fauna. There are also historical ruins and monuments within the park.
Travel to Vrindavan: Vrindavan is a sacred destination of the Hindus and is revered for its association with the life of Lord Krishna. There are as many as 4,000 temples in Vrindavan, most of them dedicated to Lord Krishna. Vrindavan is located just 57 km from Agra.
Travel to Chambal: The National Chambal Sanctuary (NCS) is a 400 km stretch of the river Chambal and a 1 to 6 km wide swathe of the ravines on both sides of the river, covering an area of 1235 sq. km. The Sanctuary begins downstream of the Kota barrage in Rajasthan.
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012